Thursday, November 17, 2011

oh, snap!

I intend almost every day to start blogging again.
I take photos with that intent.
Then I don't.
The computer is old and slow and my photo world is still in flux...and I'm just out of the habit, I think.
But here I am, with no interesting content, just a commercial.

I'm working a bit, and did one show in August (our town's Corn Festival, which is huge, but was kind of interrupted by our friend Irene and her accompanying rain showers), and have a bit of stock on hand. Enough to be, bit by bit, posting more in my shop and to do one pre-holiday show. For my neighbor, who is organizing. Thus:

Marcie Taylor of the Drew Michael Taylor Foundation of Shippensburg has organized the 2nd annual Christmas for Causes Holiday Craft/Gift Show. The event will be held on Monday, Nov. 21, 2011 from 6-8 p.m. at Corner Coffee, 240 W. King St., Shippensburg, PA 17257. This event allows local shoppers to get a pre-Black Friday start to their holiday shopping while helping local charities and non-profit organizations since a portion of all proceeds from the event will benefit causes designated by the crafters and other participants involved.

Local groups benefitting from this year’s event include:

Cure Crusaders Relay for Life Team, Drew Michael Taylor Foundation, Shippensburg Kiwanis Club, Shippensburg Produce Outreach, Lester M. Cline P.A.P.S. Fund, Shippensburg Women’s Club, Women In Need and Better Days Animal League.

The following items will be available for purchase:

Jewelry, homemade greeting cards, wine glass charms, repurposed wool mittens, hats and bags, knitted items to fit American Girl dolls, Christmas ornaments, Bonus Books, ceramic replicas of historic buildings, baked goods, and much more. Hot and cold drinks including coffee, tea and cocoa will be sold and Corner Coffee. Gift cards will also be available for purchase. Hey! She left off my pottery. Some friend! I think I'll take back using her foundation as my cause! J/K I have a selection of fairies, wood gnomes, and jewelry as well as some hair pins and believing buttons. Good times.

Questions? – Contact Marcie Taylor at 532-8922 or drewmichaeltaylor@pa.net

Come see me :)

And Happy Thanksgiving. We're going to Pittsburgh...because our plans cancelled on us. But I think this is a good new plan.

(I'm trying to take more of my product photos in-use, as in "look how this fits into your life!". What do you think? When shopping, do you prefer "catalog" or "fine art photo" styling?)

No comments: